Your Private self-catering hideaway near Goodwood events
1 bedrooms. Sleeps 2. From £60 per night
- your home away from home 5 minutes walk from the seashore
- complete seclusion including bounded garden area for kids or pets
- everything you need for a self-catering holiday
- just 10-15 minutes drive from either Chichester (East) or Portsmouth (West)
- quiet, only morning birdsong
- situated right next door to a barn and open field keeping horses
- 1 1/2 hours from central London at the bottom of A3M
- so much to see locally plus all the BIG ANNUAL EVENTS including Goodwood
- Hayling Island, the birthplace of windsurfing, mecca for windsurfing and kitesurfing
- Bang in the middle of 3 wildlife reserves with more like Pagham a few miles east
- Spectacular coastal walkways and fantastic sunsets
- Great seaside pubs where you can eat outside and enjoy great views
- Welcome folder with all you need to know about the flat and its surroundings
- For those staying two nights or more we provide a Farmhouse welcome pack of produce from the local farm shop on the Island
We are situated on an island of stunning coastal views including Langstone Bridge which overlooks the beautiful Langstone Mill and also two pub restaurants the Ship and the Royal Oak where you can eat outside and enjoy it all.
Goodwood Racecourse (Glorious Goodwood), Goodwood Race track (Classic Goodwood) and Goodwood House (Festival of Speed) are just 15 miles away to the northeast of Chichester.
The Southdowns Trail is nearby offering wonderful views over the hills forests and valleys locally.
Three wildlife reserves, two across the bridge,and one beside us in the historic oysterbeds beside the Hayling Billy trail, are beloved of birdwatchers.
If Goodwood wasn't enough there is Americas Cup (Portsmouth) Chichester Festival,Virgin Kitesurfing Armada (Hayling), Victorious Music Festival (Southsea) and the Free Kite festival (Southsea).
The area is excellent to visit all the year round. Go up Spinnaker Tower and see for miles. Visit Gunwharf Quays and all the outlets and restaurants. Spend a day or two in Portsmouth Historic Dockyard most famous for HMS Victory but with loads more. Walk idly round Port Solent Marina enjoying the shops , restaurants and cinema there, with no parking charge.
Hayling Island has its own little coastal railway which travels between the Funfair and probaly the best eat in and takeaway fish and chip restaurant in the south, Coastguard cafe.
Or visit the Isle of Wight for a day via the Southsea Hover ferry.
Perfect for couples wanting a complete break, or parents with up to 2 children and the odd pet, or just 4 enthusiasts who like each other and want to crash out after a full day at Goodwood or Portsmouth events. Everything you need to have a great self-catering holiday where you design your day, unhurried by hotelstaff, and enjoying three large spaces: two 4-5 Metre square rooms plus a patio with table ,chairs and barbecue.
With TV and Sky facilities, plus wireless wifi and wifi booster, relax in the lounge, or eat at the dining table. There is a full electric cooker with cookerhood, microwave and fridge freezer. Or if you are just too tired after walking around all day there are so many other options locally. In fact, we sat down and wrote a long list of all our favorite local places to eat and put them in a folder for you, with another folder containing all the things to see.
The bedroom has a double bed and two large storage areas, and an ensuite shower, basin and toilet.
Everything for a comfortable stay, including extra heaters as well as centrally heated radiators.
Price & availability
- Pets allowed
- Wireless Internet
- Free parking at the property
- Disabled access
- Suitable for families with children
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Cleaning Service
There is no washing machine in the flat but we share the use of ours next door with those staying for more than two or three days. There is a tumble dry nearby but most use the garden lines.
Both rooms are large, around 4-5 Metres square, and the lounge kitchen diner very light and airy.
Double bed in bedroom plus sofa bed for two in lounge.
Great place for four enthusiastic Goodwood visitors to crash out at half the price, or 2 parents and up to 2 children in the lounge area.
- Full cooker
- Fridge Freezer
- Fire blanket, smoke alarm/first aid kit