Authentic Istrian Stonehouse near Porec with private pool, surrounded by vineyards
4 bedrooms. Sleeps 8. From £173 per night
- 2 large double bedrooms; sleep 3 in each with one double bed and one single bed with ensuite wetroom and separate WC
- 2 double rooms with double bed and ensuite wetroom and separate WC
- lounge with new large woodburning stove. 2 couches seating 6, stone cushioned seat seats 2 and footstool, coffee table, sideboard with games, CDs and DVDs. TV and DVD player. Open plan leading to entrance hall and small office area with desk. Door to terrace and garden
- Kitchen is open plan with bespoke handmade oak units with oak and granite work tops and butler sink, double oven Britannia gas and electric cooker, fridge with icebox. Pine tables seating 8. Fully equipped with microwave, toaster and all cooking equipment, crockery etc. Door to terrace and garden.
- Utility room with dishwasher and washing machine and WC. Door to pool, sunbathing terrace and garden.
The village is surrounded by local small vineyards with views across the land from the house windows and view of the Ucka mountain range in the distance; on a clear day the Alps can be seen from the top bedroom window. It is serene and peaceful and a short 2 mile drive to the nearest shops, although vans with groceries call in the village 2 or 3 times a week. The nearest restaurant is 1 mile away (Montana Steak House), serves steak and local cuisine. Pizza restaurants are superb with Italian style pizza and pasta so very cheap and delicious in the nearby town, Visjnan and around the area. The food in Istria is very fresh and tasty. A drive to the coast, Porec is 20 minutes with it's old Ventian town and every supermarket you will need, restaurants and clear cool blue sea. 10 minutes in the other direction you will find ancient hill top towns with arts and crafts and wonderful countryside.
The house was renovated to a high standard in 2006/7 it has very thick stone walls so it is lovely and cool in the hot summers. A lovely new woodburning stove was fitted in 2015, which would only be needed early or late season in the evenings sometimes. The bedrooms are all fitted with wetrooms and separate WC. It is a four bedroom house with 2 double rooms and 2 large double rooms with 2 extra single beds as well as the doubles. A lovely oak staircase leads up through the beamed house to the bedrooms. The kitchen was handmade by a UK carpenter to fit in with the tradition of the stonehouse with oak units, worktops and a granite worktop surrounds the butler sink, with a double oven Britannia Cooker. The utility room enables guest to have all the equipment needed for an easy stay with dishwasher and washing machine and downstairs WC with a door to the pool. The pool is egg shaped representing renewel of the spirit, with 2 large steps into the water so you can sit in the cool water, it is 8x4.5 meters and 1.2 meters at the deep end. The garden is an English style with lawns, trees and rockeries. Fruit trees are around the bathing area of the pool, with figs, plums, apples, raspberries, hazel nuts, pomegranites. A rustic pergola covers the BBQ area with trailing flowers and lighting and a gravel area for children to play, also a set of swings on the green outside the property where the local children can sometimes play. The village is very friendly and the locals will never intrude, it is safe and rural life takes you back to more simple times, quiet with the occasional tractor.
Price & availability
- Internet access
- Wireless Internet
- Swimming pool
- Open fireplace
- Free parking at the property
- Suitable for families with children
- Washing machine
- Suitable for hen parties
- Private Pool
- Cleaning Service
Relax and recharge at a 200-year-old renovated stone house that is surrounded by a huge covered terrace. The large oak kitchen is fully equipped for all your cooking and dining requirements. A solid oak staircase leads upstairs; to 4 double bedrooms all with en-suite shower and WC. The lounge has a wood burning stove and door leading to the terrace. The large garden is stocked with flowers, shrubs, fruit trees, 2 lawns, sunbathing area by the pool and gravelled area for children to run around. A beamed pergola by the private pool is for outside dining with a stone BBQ and outside lights. There is also parking for 4 cars inside the iron gates and stone walls surround the property for the safety of children. The utility room has a washing machine, dishwasher, ironing board and iron, also a separate WC and sink. All bed linen and towels are supplied. The house is cleaned once a week.