Beautiful, cosy barn - a home from home in rural Rutland!
2 bedrooms. Sleeps 6. From £100 per night
- Self-contained barn with style in very safe, hidden-away location in the heart of a stunning village.
- 2 bedrooms; 1 double, 1 twin, plus double sofa-bed in sitting room
- Fully-equipped kitchen with eating space for up to 6
- Underfloor Heating, plus gas-fired, instant-heat 'log burner'
- 2 TVs, DVD player and radio
- Wi-fi and chargers
- Free off-street parking for up to 2 cars
The barn is down a gravel drive on a private lane, which is shared with the landlord's home, but separated by a traditional garden wall affording both buildings their privacy.
Ridlington is a no-through-road village with amazing views across the valley to Braunston and even Rutland Water. While there is easy access to A47/A1, there is no road noise, and the birds are the only things to mar the silence! We are approx. 2.5 and 4.5 miles from the ancient market towns of Uppingham and Oakham resp., with their renowned public schools, varied shops, cafes, restaurants and pubs, and Stamford (Voted the best place to live in Britain!) is around 20 mins away - with its great shopping, eating and history.
Rutland Water with its incredible cycle tracks and birdwatching opportunities is on the doorstep, and the area as a whole is a walker's paradise.
A true home-from-home, the property has been simply, but lovingly furnished by the owner, and hopefully everything has been thought-of to make a stay here comfortable and easy.
Ideally suited for friends or families, there is a holiday feel to the place all year round, and many guests return to see what Rutland has to offer in the different seasons. The place is light and airy in the Summer and cosy and 'Christmassy' when the time comes to light up the fire and snuggle down on the L-shaped sofa in front of a film!
The ground floor accommodation is carefully laid-out to make use of the space, and the walk-in shower room is easily accessed through the compact, characterful kitchen.
Books, local guides, magazines and toiletries are all available for use, plus luxury bed linen, towels and all the usual kitchen 'kit'. Added extras mean a guest should want for nothing, and food can be provided in advance, or during your stay as required. We have everything from wellies and umbrellas to picnic rugs and sunshades if you need them! Otherwise, the place is all yours for your stay, and you can make yourselves truly at home.
The landlord welcomes queries regarding local amenties and activities and is happy to book anything in advance if necessary.
Price & availability
Two-night minimum - 1 week or longer all year round, with particular events (eg. Burghley Horse Trials/Bird Fair) requiring event-long rentals if possible.
Price dependent on number of guests and length of stay, but minimum price £200 for 2 nights.
- Internet access
- Wireless Internet
- Free parking at the property
- Disabled access
- Suitable for families with children
- Self-contained barn with style! Very safe, hidden-away location in heart of stunning village.
- Large Double room and mezzanine Twin room with new Hypnos beds and luxury linen, Velux windows and black-out blinds.
- 2 x TVs, DVD player, radio, wi-fi, iPhone/iPad chargers. Linen and towels provided.
- Ground-floor, easy-access luxury shower/wet room. Easily activated gas-fired 'log' burner.
- Kitchen with hobs, halogen cooker, toaster and microwave, small fridge, sink, storage and all necessary cutlery and crockery.Tea, coffee, condiments and kitchen 'kit'. Table and up t0 6 chairs.
- Off-street parking for 2 cars. Amazing walks and views.
- Close to Uppingham (5 mins), Oakham (8 mins) and Stamford (20mins) plus easy access to A47/A1 but no road noise!
- Spiral staircase to bedrooms, with ground-floor sofa bed adding space for 2 more guests in sitting room.
- Crate for dog, sensible under-heated floors with rugs.