Quintessentially British Former Gatekeeper's Lodge on the Blenheim Palace Estate, Oxfordshire
2 bedrooms. Sleeps 4. From £431 per night
The cottage comprises:
Two Double Bedrooms
Family Bathroom with walk-in shower, bath tub and under floor heating
Dining Room / Library & Sitting Room
Kitchen – fully equipped and stocked with grocery essentials
Scullery with Honesty Larder & WC
Covered & Heated Outdoor Terrace
Summer House / Which also serves as our in-cottage spa
Private enclosed landscaped Garden
- Covered Car Port
Located less than 90 minutes from London within the Oxfordshire Cotswolds, the cottage is situated close to or within easy driving distance to:
Services that can be organised for cottage residemt's:
- Limousine airport transfers / vintage and sport car hire
- On-site Beauty, Fitness & Wellbeing Treatments
- Catering Services
- Bespoke Fortnum & Mason Hampers
- Area Guides - charismatic historians and personal shoppers with insider knowledge
A self-catering holiday retreat located at the end of its own private drive nestled in a sublime part of the Blenheim Palace Estate, offers all the comfort and flexibility of home-away-from-home living, coupled with a sense of rich reward and self-indulgence.
This cosy, two-storey, two-bedroom hideaway, made of Oxfordshire Cotswold stone, is inherently captivating. Shaded by oaks and horse chestnuts, the cottage and its landscaped garden sit on the edge of the River Evenlode, with a traditional stone bridge that guards the working entrance to the Duke of Marlborough’s farmlands.
Refurbished with an eye towards creating glamorous countryside comfort, a British theme runs throughout using vintage, restored and reclaimed materials and only the best in British design: Ochre light fixtures, Cole & Son wallpaper, Royal Doulton fire places and Andrew Martin fabrics, to name a few.
Price & availability
- Open all year
- Booking in advanced recommended.
- Check in/check out times: 4pm and 12pm (but flexible)
Please contact Eventful Stays for full availability and pricing. Prices may vary with number of guests staying, number of nights booked and season.
- There is a minimum two night stay, with the excpetion of a three night minimum over all Bank Holidays.
- 5 -night weekly rates start at £1,815 and 7-night weekly rates start at £2,273;
- One night stays will be consideredwith a supplement carge applying.
- The cottage comes fully stocked with all basic houshold and cooking essentials.
- Pets allowed
- Internet access
- Wireless Internet
- Open fireplace
- Free parking at the property
- Suitable for families with children
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
A beautiful holiday rental cottages offering a self-catering retreat nestled in a sublime part of the Blenheim Palace Estate’s storybook grounds. Meticulously refurbished and decorated to exceptional detail, this 18th century hunting lodge represents a new breed in short-stay lettings.
The cottage is ideally situated to enjoy:
- The Cotswolds
- Blenheim Palace and Palace Events
- Oxford City and University
- The Cornbury Festival
- Cheltenham Races
- Bicester Village