Holiday rental cottage, formally a watermill, now converted into a luxury holiday home.
2 bedrooms. Sleeps 5. From £91 per night
This high quality self catering holiday cottage in a converted former water mill dating back to 1739 near Auldgirth, Dumfries, which originally housed the grain drying ovens, mill stones and mechanics for the milling of local crops. Set in a stunning rural location with great country pursuits on the doorstep, it is perfect for both small groups or families looking for a countryside break, with Dumfries and Thornhill just a short drive away. Close to the former home of famous Poet Robert Burns, which is now a popular museum and visitor attraction.
Luxury cottage offering self catering accommodation within easy driving distance to Edinburgh
This holiday rental cottage is set in a rural countryside location between Dumfries (8 miles) and Thornhill (6 miles) in south west Scotland. Robert Burns, Scotlans famous poet lived and farmed at the nearby Ellisland Farm (1 miles), and is where he wrote Auld Lang Syne & Tam O’Shanter. The Solway coastal area offers excellent opportunities for outdoor pursuits including golf, mountain biking (7 stanes are all close by, with Ae being only 6 miles from the cottage), hill walking, horse riding wild life spotting, as well as glorious beaches and a host of visitor attractions. Art lovers should head to the world renowned collection at Drumlanrig Castle (6 miles away) or visit during the local Spring festival when all the local artists and sculptors open their doors and display their work. A trip to Threave Castle, on its island in the River Dee, is a must for garden lovers At Dumfries visitors will find a good selection of shops, an indoor swimming pool and sports centre, whilst Castle Douglas boasts a great choice of local produce and specialty food shops.
- High quality self-catering holiday cottage in a converted former water mill dating back to 1739.
- 2 bedrooms
- Sleeps 4-5
- Extensive modern amenities
- Shower room
- Picturesque location
- Ideally suited for local country pursuits
- Parking for 2 cars
- The lounge and dining area are open plan with 2 sofas, TV and DVD, wood burner (with free logs), dining table and chairs for up to 5. The modern kitchen includes oven, microwave, fridge, dishwasher and washing machine with dryer.
- The first floor bedroom can be made up as either twin-bedded or kingsize double, upon your request and contains chest of drawers, bedside table. The shower-room has double shower, sink and toilet.
- Moving downstairs, the downstairs balcony bedroom is available as a spacious 'double' or a full-size single bed can be added at your request and contains two bedside chest of drawers. The room opens onto a decking balcony complete with table and chairs. A small grassed garden area and patio with stone flags includes table, chairs and BBQ. Both bedrooms have double built-in wardrobes and non feather duvets and pillows.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request
Price & availability
2 night minimum stay in low season.
7 night minimum stay in high season.
- Low season from £400.00 per week
- Mid season from £500.00 per week
- High season £600.00 per week
- Short breaks and more flexible bookings may be available in low season. Please contact us and we will see what we can do to accommodate you.
- Bookings run from Saturday 3pm to Saturday 10am
- Price includes electricity, underfloor heating, logs, linen and towels
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Freeview TV
- DVD. Iod docking station radio
- Woodburner with free logs & kindling
- All modern kitchen equipment, inc dishwasher, washer-dryer, fridege freezer
- All patio and deck furniture inc BBQ
- All towel and linen included in price