Beautiful canal boat on the River Thames in Henley-On-Thames. Ideal base for weekend cruises!
2 bedrooms. Sleeps 6. From £280 per night
- A perfect way to relax & experience the freedom of living on a boat
- If you don't fancy driving the boat, let us do it for you
- Ideal mooring spots on the Thames - great for Henley Regatta, 80's Rewind festival, Steam Boat Regatta, Ascot Races, London Olympics (1/2 hr away to London by train)
- The boat is a home from home and is an excellent base for families who are looking somewhere to stay for weddings, graduations in Henley or Reading area
- An ideal holiday for couples and families. Go at your own pace and make your own itinerary. No need to bring bed linen or towels, it's all provided for you.
- Dogs are welcome
- Tuition in driving the boat is included in the price.
Enjoy a boating holiday on the beautiful River Thames. Midweek breaks and short stays on canal boat.
Re-live the same boat journey as Jerome K Jerome in his book ‘3 men In A Boat' and cruise from Caversham to Pangbourne where their journey ended at The Swan Inn. Pangbourne is also the home of Kenneth Grahame, author of The Wind in the Willows. You will also pass Mapledurham House, dating from 1588 and thought to be the model for Toad Hall. Alternatively, how about a leisurely cruise from Sonning to Henley-On-Thames? Experience the bustling market town of Henley & the Henley Royal Regatta or how about the 80's Rewind Festival? This canal boat holiday begins with an hour's tuition by a qualified skipper in the handling of the boat. There is a choice of routes you can take depending on the length of your holiday. Detailed routes and maps timings and will be provided to help you along the way. For longer breaks of a week or more, why not continue downstream to beautiful Marlow, stop over night and then journey onwards to Windsor? A perfect way to unwind so book this exciting and relaxing self catering accommodation through Eventful Stays.
This self catering accommodation on a canal boat is quitessentially 'English' but with the benefit of all the mod cons and with the modern fresh design now expected in short stay guest accommodation. For those of you who have never experienced a boating holiday before, don't worry as help is always at hand. We want your holiday to be stress free and for you to enjoy your boating holiday so much you'll become a regular guest! This is a great way for getting the whole family involved as every boat needs a crew, adults & children alike. We love pets and understand their needs - loads of excellent places for walkies! Above all, this holiday rental accomodation is a fine example of English canal boating and you really can relive history as you meander along the Thames in your own 'Wind In The Willows' but with all the luxury you'd expect in your self catering accommodation.
Eventful Stays can provide VIP tickets & Hospitality packages to the Henley Royal Regatta, The Rewind Festival and other major events. Please enquire for more information.
Price & availability
Contact Eventful Stays for availability and pricing information. Price per night based on mid season rates, prices will be higher at peak season and price per night may vary based on number of nights booked. Contact Eventful Stays for more information.
2 night minimum stay.
- Bedroom 1 can be made up either as a double cabin or twin cabin. Built-in wardrobe, vanity shelf with mirror and hairdryer. Bedroom 2 is a double cabin with wardrobe, shelf & mirror. The dinette in the saloon can be made up as a double bed making this accommodation for a total of 6 people.
- There is a shower room with basin and WC located between bedrooms 1 & 2. Both cabins are private and have door access to the shower room. The shower room has a heated towel rail and shelving for towels.
- The kitchen comes fully equipped with a fridge with a small freezer unit, 4 ring gas hob, oven and grill and a full range of utensils and crockery for your holiday. There are shelves for mugs, plates and plenty of storage for your provisions.
- There is a spacious, light and airy feel to the saloon with double glazed front windows adjacent to the front fully glazed doors. There is a dinette and comfy chairs & TV/DVD player/IPOD dock. A fuel burner makes the boat cosy & warm in the cooler months.
- Outside is a seating area where guests can enjoy the views of the stunning River Thames country side while you cruise.
- The finishing inside the boat has a fresh, modern feel without detracting from the character of living on board a narrowboat.