Idyllic large holiday country cottage set in 5 acres - near Malvern. Ideal place for the weekend.
5 bedrooms. Sleeps 10. From £380 per night
A beautiful holiday cottage, situated in the country on the edge of the Cotswolds, ideally suited for getting together with colleagues, friends and family. With 5 bedrooms the cottage sleeps 9 people.
This self catering accommodation's setting is perfect – sitting in a large garden with rolling lawns and views towards the Malvern Hills and surrounded by 5 acres of fields where you’ll find horses grazing. It lies outside the pretty Worcestershire village of Hanley Swan where there's an excellent local pub and a beautiful village green with a lily-covered pond.
Beautiful 5 bedroom country cottage perfect for getting together with colleagues, friends and family
This holiday rental cottage is perfectly located for all events in the area. Situated between the majestic Malvern Hills and the river Severn on the edge of the Cotswolds it is an ideal place to stay for near by events including the Malvern Spring Show and the Cheltenham Festival.
If you have the time the you really should 'climb' the Malvern Hills and explore the beautiful unspoilt local countryside, with Upton-on-Severn (famous for its annual International Jazz Festival), Malvern (home of Morgan Cars) and the market town of Ledbury all within 10 miles.
For the 'Big Chill' festival - Eastnor Castle is just 7 miles away.
This self catering holiday cottage's origins date back to Elizabethan times, as you will see from some of the original oak ships beams visible throughout the house. Over the centuries it has been gradually enlarged with sympathetic additions and adaptations so that today it is a comfortable 5 bedroom country getaway - ideally suited for getting together with friends and family.
Inside the aim has been to combine comfort, style and practicality.
- You will find a great light filled 30ft+ kitchen – which invariably becomes the hub of the house. It has granite worktops, stainless steel range cooker, breakfast area, table to seat 10+ and just about everything a keen cook needs, including a large wine rack. French windows lead directly onto the garden.
- Adjoining the kitchen is the large oak beamed sitting room with comfy sofas to sink into and fireplaces at each end – a sizeable wood burning stove at one end and at the other a double-sided fireplace leading to the reading/games/TV area.
- Cloakroom and utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- 5 comfortable bedrooms – 2 double bedrooms with king size beds , 1 single bedroom with a double bed and 2 bedrooms with adult size bunk beds. There is also a cot and an additional put you up bed if required.
- 2 bathrooms - both bathrooms have invigorating walk in showers as well as baths for long luxuriant soaks.
As you would expect - there is central heating throughout the house; a number of televisions as well as DVD and CD players and a Klipsch iPod sound dock; wireless internet access; bed linen and towels; a washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and ironing board; in the summer there is a gas BBQ, croquet on the lawn and sun loungers to relax on; plus a couple of bikes for popping down to the village which is a 5 minute ride or a 10 minute walk......
Price & availability
Contact Eventful Stays for availability and pricing information. Price per night based on mid season rates, prices will be higher at peak season and price per night may vary based on number of nights booked. Contact Eventful Stays for more information.
3 night minimum stay.
Cheltenham Festival is peak season, prices from £380 per night.
High season 3 night breaks from £1,675
- Internet access
- Wireless Internet
- Open fireplace
- Free parking at the property
- Suitable for families with children
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Suitable for hen parties
- Kitchen - fully equipped with a large range cooker, fridge/freezer, microwave, seating for 10+
- Open plan sitting room with large sofas and wood burning stoves (initial logs included)
- Bedrooms - all beds will be made up and towels laid out for your arrival
- Additional put you up bed (for +1 child), cot and high chair available on request
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Media - a number of televisions as well as DVD and CD players and Klipsch iPod sound dock
- WiFi throughout the house
- Large fenced garden surrounded by grounds of 5 acres
- In the summer there is a gas BBQ, croquet on the lawn and sun loungers to relax on
- Parking for 4+ cars
- .....plus four bikes for popping down to the village