Edwardian Self Catering Accommodation in Ipswich, Perfect Self-catering Base for Exploring Suffolk.
14 bedrooms. Sleeps 29. From £500 per night
- People hiring on a self-catering basis will have access to most areas of the house.
- Large fully equipped kitchen including double range oven, dishwasher, large refrigerator, microwave etc.)
- Dining room accommodating up to 24 people, perfect for entertaining family and friends.
- There are 11 wonderful bedrooms, each with its own en-suite bathroom making this the ideal accommodation for a large group of friends looking to get away. The bedrooms consist of 6 double rooms, 4 twin rooms and 1 family/triple bedroom. There is also 1 z-bed, great for accommodating the kids.
- Including 1 fully wheelchair accessible twin room on the ground floor. 4 other ground floor rooms.
- Garden at rear ideal for relaxing in the Summer.
- Living room with comfortable sofas and TV.
- Car parking for 12 cars.
Edwardian self-catering residence with 11 all en-suite bedrooms, sleeping up to 23.
We are situated in a pleasant urban residential area 1.2 miles to the east of Ipswich town centre. There are good bus services to and from the town centre and railway station. We have two rows of local shops a 2 minute walk away in different directions, including our butcher and greengrocer, and a bakery. A neighbourhood Co-op is less than 5 minutes walk, and a really excellent real ale pub (The Fat Cat), also under 5 minutes walk. For those attending weddings and the like, there is a good florist a 5 minute walk away.
- Ipswich has plenty of vibrant entertainment on offer, with two theatres, the regional dance centre, and a wide selection of restaurants catering to all tastes and budgets. It also has a strong independent retail sector, as well as the usual national stores available in many other locations.
- Whether you’re a large family group attending a wedding nearby, a group of golfers wanting a single base to play several courses, a theatre cast working locally, or with specialist dietary requirements based in Ipswich for training, this self catering accommodation could offer the home from home environment you are looking for. Hen parties are welcome, but sorry, no Stags.
- If you are interested in hiring the house for your exclusive use, the first thing to do is enquire with Eventful Stays.
- This self catering accommodation is officially rated 4 Star / Silver Award.
- For more information about wheelchair access and similar issues, please contact Eventful Stays and we would be happy to provide the relevant information.
- Normal seasonal gas, electricity (100% renewable sources) and water usage is included. There is a payphone just off the dining room.
Food and Drink:
- As this accommodation is self-catering, the hire price does not include any food or drink. We are happy to provide cereals, fruit juice, tea, coffee and bread for toast from stock for a nominal sum per person per day. We are also happy to provide you with sufficient sausages, bacon, eggs, mushrooms and yoghurts from our usual suppliers at an additional charge. We can recommend a good local wine merchant who can also supply some local (and excellent) lager - although we cannot get involved in the supply of this as we are not licenced. The nearby pub also supplies ‘take out’ beer in various sizes.
- There are also a couple of firms which will deliver a range of local produce. Most of the produce they supply as being local. They are The Suffolk Providore, and We Love Local Food.
- We are happy to accept a supermarket delivery arranged by you, on the day prior to your arrival.
- The hire price does not include any cleaning services, apart from on departure. If you would like a daily service of each room (clean bathroom, vacuum room as necessary, straighten up bedding, replace refreshments), then please ask for a quote and more information.
- The owners of this accommodation have informed us that they will be contactable by phone/text/email on a 24/7 basis if necessary. For minor issues, our housekeeping staff live within a 5 minute walk. There is a fire alarm system throughout the house which runs 24/7 and is tested weekly. It will also be tested immediately prior to your stay. If required for any reason, the owners will simply return to the house.
Price & availability
- Internet access
- Wireless Internet
- Disabled access
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- The kitchen is large with all equipment provided as standard. You will be left with a large empty fridge (unless we’ve arranged to leave you with some provisions, see below), and sufficient space in the freezer. We will provide washing up liquid, kitchen roll, hand soap, dishwasher tablets and other cleaning consumables.
- If you wish to wash your clothes during your stay, there is a utility room with two washing machines, a tumble dryer and irons. In the garden, there are three washing lines. There are also two laundrettes nearby, if you don’t wish to do it yourself!
- There is a 2 large and 1 small sofa's, sideboard, 32” LED Freesat TV, BluRay/DVD player, Roku video streaming device, Humax Freesat PR, hi-fi, Bose Wave CD/Radio, CD’s and DVD’s, bookshelves with books, and various other personal effects and ornaments.
- There are 2 x 2 seater sofas and 1 armchair, along with some coffee tables, bookcase with books, and some games and cards.
- This wonderful accommodation is furnished in accordance with our 4 Star Rating. Where possible, we have furnished the rooms with good quality furniture in keeping with the Edwardian period of the house. Whilst there are no valuable antiques around, we would obviously expect the occupants to treat all of our property as they would their own. All duvets and pillows are feather as standard (alternatives available, please ask), and all bedding (which is provided) is Egyptian Cotton. We also provide sufficient good quality towels and bath mats. All rooms have a digital LCD TV and iPod docking station.
- We have an 8mb unlimited broadband connection, which is distributed wirelessly around the entire house. The password is provided in the Guest Information Pack in the bedrooms. There are some security and content screening settings on it, which are mainly intended to prevent high bandwidth requests from dominating the connection.
- You can get 12 cars in the car park, more if you block one another in. Overflow parking is available at the Barclays Bank opposite during evenings and at weekends.
- The landscaped rear garden is a peaceful, pleasant place to relax. There are two sets of table and chairs, an arbour and extra chairs in the shed. In the shed, you’ll also find a pop-up gazebo and a large parasol.
- If you wish to cook and dine al fresco, there is a gas BBQ and a gas-fired paella burner set. If you rummage a little you may also find garden Twister!