Wonderful 2 Bedroom Converted Accommodation in Dorset.
2 bedrooms. Sleeps 4. From £219 per night
- Luxury converted accommodation in Dorset, ideal for a family of 4 to attend the Bournemouth Air Tattoo.
- Village conservation area location.
- Easy reach of Award-winning beaches and attractions.
- Under floor heating & individual room thermostats perfect for spending the winter near the sea.
- Designer kitchen with a range-style cooker & American-style fridge.
- Breakfast dining area & formal dining area perfect for that self-catering holiday by the sea.
- En-suite shower rooms.
- Laundry facilities.
- Freeview TV in sitting room and in each bedroom.
- Enclosed garden with furniture, ideal for a summer BBQ or family gathering.
- Welcome hamper available on request.
- Pub with great food just 2 minutes walk away, ideal for a self-catering break.
- Village general store & Post Office also in close proximity.
Luxury Dorset self-catering accommodation, just 20 minutes drive to Sandbanks and Bournemouth.
- This accommodation is located in a stunning Dorset village, overlooking the village’s Green. The village itself is situated on the River Stour, midway between the Georgian market town of Blandford and historic Wimborne Minster and close to the iron-age hill fort of Badbury Rings. The village consists of 3 pubs, one of which, the Red Lion, serves good food and local Badger beer and is only a two minute walk away! There is also a well-stocked convenience store and Post Office.
- There are many walks and cycle routes surrounding the village and for those who enjoy golf, there is a good nine-hole course in the village – just turn up and play. In all, there are about 8 courses within 20 minute drive of the village. If you’re into horse riding, then we can recommend a livery stable in nearby, where we keep our horses – just let us know and we can put you in touch with the owner.
- The beautiful beaches of Sandbanks and Bournemouth are approximately 20 minute drive away. All local beaches have 'Blue Flag' awards and ample parking. Other beaches include Studland Bay, Chesil Beach, Weymouth, Swanage.
- 10 minute drive from Wimborne Minster, Blandford Forum and good pubs. 20 minute drive to Poole Quay. Boat rides to Brownsea Island. Take the famous chain ferry from Sandbanks to the Isle of Purbeck for Studland Bay, Corfe Castle and Swanage. Bournemouth, with its 7 miles of golden sands is one of the UK’s top holiday attractions. Just 30 to 40 minutes away is the New Forest or Jurassic Coast. Salisbury, Dorchester and Shaftesbury, as well as Weymouth, Lulworth Cove and Chesil Beach are also nearby.
As your Dorset luxury holiday cottage, this accommodation will not disappoint! It is furnished to a high standard, decorated tastefully and is well-equipped, combining home comforts with stylish décor and all the necessary appliances for the perfect self-catering break in the UK. Its sympathetic conversion from the ‘old’ to the ‘new’ has ensured the retention of unique original features which make this property stand out from other Dorset holiday rentals. Underfloor heating throughout the ground floor makes the accommodation a warm and cosy place.
The exterior of the accommodation has not been altered during conversion, mindful of its place in an attractive conservation area. Inside, the transformation from a minimalist Methodist-style shell to a stylish, desirable dwelling is quite stunning!! It has been awarded a 5-star rating by Quality in Tourism in February 2011.
- A light, spacious room of generous proportions, fitted with plenty of cream designer units and cupboards. The appliances include an American style fridge-freezer with a cold water supply and ice making facility. A range style electric cooker, a dishwasher and a microwave are also included. The kitchen is well-equipped for cooking and for dining and features a dining table and leather chairs, perfect for that dream self-catering holiday in the UK. There is a variety of lighting options in the kitchen, allowing it to transform from a brightly-lit working area to a cosy, softly-lit place to eat and drink.
Utility room and cloakroom:
- A door from the kitchen leads into the bright utility/laundry room equipped with a washing machine, separate tumble dryer and ironing board with iron. The cloakroom/WC is accessed from here.
- From the kitchen there is a wide hallway running the length of the accommodation, brightly lit by the full-length windows along the side of the building. At the far end of this is the original front entrance door of the chapel with its antique iron door furniture.
- The spiral staircase with integral lights leads from the hallway up to the mezzanine-level sitting area.
Open-plan Sitting Room:
- This delightful space provides a comfortable, attractive place for relaxing, watching TV and admiring the original beams and windows of the accommodation. Its open-plan nature gives a sense of space opening-up into the lofty ceiling and it is edged with an ash balustrade. At one end, there is a circular rose window, looking down onto the rear garden; at the other, looking through the crystal chandelier, the view leads down onto Maypole Green and its commemorative oak trees to the thatched cottages beyond. The furniture includes 3 leather sofas, one of which opens into a double bed, to provide additional sleeping accommodation if necessary. There is a 47’’ Freeview television and a DVD player. The lighting has been carefully thought-out and allows for various options to suit the mood and activity and includes: wall-lights, inset window lights, ceiling spot-lights and of course the chandelier!
- Looking down from the sitting area, one can see the formal dining area. This is raised, to ensure diners are able to enjoy the view out of the feature, full-length windows at the front of the property. It is lit by crystal wall-lights in addition to the chandelier and is furnished with a dining table and leather dining chairs.
- Both bedrooms are on the ground floor and are accessed from the wide hallway. Each has the benefit of an en-suite shower room.
- Bedroom 1: This room is furnished with attractive cream and pine furniture and has a double bed. There is a Freeview flat-screen TV on the wall. The original windows are glazed with attractive etched glass, offering privacy but still allowing natural light. The en-suite features a double-size shower enclosure, a heated towel rail, shaver point and illuminated mirror.
- Bedroom 2: This room offers twin beds, a Freeview flat-screen TV and has an en-suite with a curved, corner shower enclosure, heated towel rail, shaver point and an illuminated mirror.
The outside area:
- The rear garden is enclosed and has been landscaped in an attractive manner to ensure easy maintenance. The paved patio area features wicker-style dining furniture and is easily accessed through the kitchen patio doors. The garden centres around a circular flower bed and is framed by slate beds with grasses and a variety of plants. At the rear, there is a raised area of decking topped by a pergola and furnished with a further table and four chairs. This area has been positioned to catch the Dorset sunshine and makes a delightful spot for an outdoor breakfast or evening drinks!
- At the side of the accommodation there is an original brick shed with padlock which could be used as a bicycle store.
Price & availability
Contact Eventful Stays for availability and pricing information. Price per night based on mid season rates, prices will be higher at peak season and price per night may vary based on number of nights booked. Contact Eventful Stays for more information.
2 night minimum stay.
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Underfloor heating.
- Individual room thermostats.
- Varying lighting options.
- Designer kitchen.
- Range-style cooker & American-style fridge.
- En-suite shower rooms.
- Breakfast dining area & formal dining area.
- Laundry facilities.
- Freeview TV in sitting room & each bedroom.
- Enclosed garden with furniture.
- Cycle store.
- 'Welcome’ hamper available on request.
- Pub with food 2 mins walk away.
- Village general store & Post Office.
- The property is non smoking and unfortunately we cannot accept pets except for guide dogs.