As your Dorset luxury holiday cottage, this accommodation will not disappoint! It is furnished to a high standard, decorated tastefully and is well-equipped, combining home comforts with stylish décor and all the necessary appliances for the perfect self-catering break in the UK. Its sympathetic conversion from the ‘old’ to the ‘new’ has ensured the retention of unique original features which make this property stand out from other Dorset holiday rentals. Underfloor heating throughout the ground floor makes the accommodation a warm and cosy place.
The exterior of the accommodation has not been altered during conversion, mindful of its place in an attractive conservation area. Inside, the transformation from a minimalist Methodist-style shell to a stylish, desirable dwelling is quite stunning!! It has been awarded a 5-star rating by Quality in Tourism in February 2011.
- A light, spacious room of generous proportions, fitted with plenty of cream designer units and cupboards. The appliances include an American style fridge-freezer with a cold water supply and ice making facility. A range style electric cooker, a dishwasher and a microwave are also included. The kitchen is well-equipped for cooking and for dining and features a dining table and leather chairs, perfect for that dream self-catering holiday in the UK. There is a variety of lighting options in the kitchen, allowing it to transform from a brightly-lit working area to a cosy, softly-lit place to eat and drink.
Utility room and cloakroom:
- A door from the kitchen leads into the bright utility/laundry room equipped with a washing machine, separate tumble dryer and ironing board with iron. The cloakroom/WC is accessed from here.
- From the kitchen there is a wide hallway running the length of the accommodation, brightly lit by the full-length windows along the side of the building. At the far end of this is the original front entrance door of the chapel with its antique iron door furniture.
- The spiral staircase with integral lights leads from the hallway up to the mezzanine-level sitting area.
Open-plan Sitting Room:
- This delightful space provides a comfortable, attractive place for relaxing, watching TV and admiring the original beams and windows of the accommodation. Its open-plan nature gives a sense of space opening-up into the lofty ceiling and it is edged with an ash balustrade. At one end, there is a circular rose window, looking down onto the rear garden; at the other, looking through the crystal chandelier, the view leads down onto Maypole Green and its commemorative oak trees to the thatched cottages beyond. The furniture includes 3 leather sofas, one of which opens into a double bed, to provide additional sleeping accommodation if necessary. There is a 47’’ Freeview television and a DVD player. The lighting has been carefully thought-out and allows for various options to suit the mood and activity and includes: wall-lights, inset window lights, ceiling spot-lights and of course the chandelier!
- Looking down from the sitting area, one can see the formal dining area. This is raised, to ensure diners are able to enjoy the view out of the feature, full-length windows at the front of the property. It is lit by crystal wall-lights in addition to the chandelier and is furnished with a dining table and leather dining chairs.
- Both bedrooms are on the ground floor and are accessed from the wide hallway. Each has the benefit of an en-suite shower room.
- Bedroom 1: This room is furnished with attractive cream and pine furniture and has a double bed. There is a Freeview flat-screen TV on the wall. The original windows are glazed with attractive etched glass, offering privacy but still allowing natural light. The en-suite features a double-size shower enclosure, a heated towel rail, shaver point and illuminated mirror.
- Bedroom 2: This room offers twin beds, a Freeview flat-screen TV and has an en-suite with a curved, corner shower enclosure, heated towel rail, shaver point and an illuminated mirror.
The outside area:
- The rear garden is enclosed and has been landscaped in an attractive manner to ensure easy maintenance. The paved patio area features wicker-style dining furniture and is easily accessed through the kitchen patio doors. The garden centres around a circular flower bed and is framed by slate beds with grasses and a variety of plants. At the rear, there is a raised area of decking topped by a pergola and furnished with a further table and four chairs. This area has been positioned to catch the Dorset sunshine and makes a delightful spot for an outdoor breakfast or evening drinks!
- At the side of the accommodation there is an original brick shed with padlock which could be used as a bicycle store.